This one was pretty random but a sometimes all you have is a bunch of condiments, one fresh herb and a handful of greens in your fridge. You can apparently put together a pretty tasty salad! Here’s what it took:
- ¾ c bulgur wheat (for a gf version you can use quinoa)
- 4 gerkin pickles, chopped
- 6 kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 tbs olive brine
- ¼ c red onion, finely diced
- ½ c fresh parsley, minced
- 1 c fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground fenugreek
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ c olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c cooked chickpeas, optional
- In a small pot, boil 1 ½ c water. Reduce heat, add bulgur and cook until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. When the bulgur is done cooking, scoop into the bowl with the spinach; the steam from the cooked grain will slightly wilt the spinach.
- Add in 2 tbs of the olive oil and the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer. Before eating, drizzle with the remaining olive oil, fluff with a fork and serve.